Dear Neighbor –
As the Quarry begins to prepare for Phase 1 Reclamation in the Northeast Quadrant, and in collaboration with the Point San Pedro Road Coalition, our team wanted to share some additional information with you about upcoming activities.
- Reclamation is expected to begin on July 9, 2018, and continue for 10 weeks.
- During that period, reclamation activities will be conducted M-F, 7AM to 5PM.
- Reclamation activities will be confined to the area outlined in the photo below.
- We estimate moving 100,000 to 150,000 tons of material during the 2018 Season. All equipment utilized will be Tier Compliant and equipped with broadband backup alarms.
- Dutra will employ measures to keep any dust generated from reclamation activities to a minimum.
- We expect that, as reclamation work winds up, our busy processing season (September and October) will begin. We don’t anticipate both activities taking place at heightened levels simultaneously, and we will make efforts to minimize any cumulative effects if they do.
The County will be conducting air-monitoring at a neighboring residence during the duration of the reclamation activities.
As brief background for those who have moved into the area since our current permit and reclamation plan were approved in 2010, our reclamation plan requires us to perform ongoing land reclamation and allows for Phase 1 reclamation activities in the Northeast Quadrant (generally, the Quarry sector that abuts Marin Bay Park) for up to 10 weeks during the warmer months of each year.
Our Team is available to answer any questions you may have during this process. Please do not hesitate to call 415-459-7740 or my cell 415-407-1592.
Wishing Everyone A Safe & Enjoyable Summer!
Aimi Dutra Krause
Public Relations Director, firstname.lastname@example.org